Kristin Larson is a nationally known environmental attorney with more than 25 years experience evaluating environmental risk and implementing client-centric strategies in a full range of land and business transactions. Prior to joining Elze Law, Kristin spent 2 years in the White House Council on Environmental Quality, and 12 years at Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP in Washington DC representing Fortune 100 companies attain their transactional and regulatory compliance goals, and has subsequently served as legal counsel in numerous contexts bringing this significant learning to her analysis of real estate transactions.
On the basis of this experience, Kristin developed a belief that sophisticated advice and strategic positioning of business entities with respect to environmental matters should be available to companies of all sizes because few business transactions and operations are free of such risks. Kristin’s ability to efficiently identify potential issues and draft contracts to match client risk profiles makes her an indispensable partner in reaching your real estate goals.
Areas of expertise include:
- Drafting protective contract language and discerning regulatory compliance requirements for high-risk tenants and sellers such as gas stations, dry cleaners and for asbestos, mold and indoor air quality
- Facilitation and negotiating with regulatory agencies concerning spills of hazardous materials and non-compliance
- Conducting “right-sized” environmental due diligence for full range of business and land use types, including oversight of Phase I and Phase II environmental site investigations and Superfund/CERCLA cleanup matters;
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Consumer labeling requirements and defense including for California’s Proposition 65
- Cannabis, hemp, and CBD licensing and leases